How to use an Allocation Token to Override a Reserved Domain Name
- Knowledge Base
- Price Categories
- How to use an Allocation Token to Override a Reserved Domain Name
When the sale of a Identity Digital domain is made directly to a registrant (ie, Pioneer programs such as thehungergames.movie), the domain name is kept in a reserved state (by Identity Digital) until the registrant is able to register the domain name through their preferred registrar.
Identity Digital has created a reserved domain override feature called “Allocation Token”. The feature allows Identity Digital Technical Support staff to assign an override token to a domain name. Identity Digital then provides this token to the customer, who uses the token during the registration process to override the reserved status, which allows the allocation of the domain name to proceed.
Some registrars do not yet have a field in the registration form that allows for the customer to input the override token. Until that functionality is built, here are instructions for registrars on how to support their customers with Allocation Tokens.
1. The Customer or Identity Digital Technical Support staff contacts the Registrar’s customer support with the assigned domain Allocation Token.
2. Registrar logs into the Identity Digital Registrar Admin site at registrar.donuts.co and navigates to the Domain: Create menu at registrar.donuts.co/registrar/DomainCreate.aspx
3. Registrar adds domain registration information, including the Allocation Token for override.
4. Registrar accepts any premium, platinum, or EAP fee for the domain.
5. Once domain registration is completed, registrar adds the domain to their customer’s account and notifies the customer that the registration is complete.